Dr Levy MD JD, perhaps the leading vitamin C expert in the world and sought-after lecturer in the role of antioxidants in the treatment of medical conditions, is qualified and internationally pre-eminent as a medical clinician (board-certified cardiologist), and Juris Doctor. In this title Rapid Virus Recovery – No Need to Live in Fear, Dr Levy presents scientifically, comprehensively and articulately a multi-faceted array of techniques and clinical practices demonstrated to treat, indeed cure, chronic and acute respiratory viral syndromes, in particular COVID. This is his 13th book, in which he presents an array of Bio-Oxidative Therapies including Hydrogen Peroxide (HP) nebulization together with Vitamin C therapy as linchpins which can be used by the individual and/or with guidance by a qualified Integrative health care practitioner. The book does not address the issue of vaccination for COVID.
Title: Rapid Virus Recovery – No Need to Live in Fear
Author: Thomas E Levy MD JD
Reviewer: Sandra Goodman PhD
Publisher: Medfox Publishing
Price: free eBook download. Paperback. £18.34/ $26.59
This book of about 320 pages is not lightweight; it is rather weighty with more than 50 pages of scientific references to the literature (>600) and introduces advanced, perhaps unfamiliar topics in medicine including chronic pathogen colonization (CPC), Leaky Gut Syndrome and Redox Biochemistry.
In Rapid Virus Recovery, Dr Levy defines, explains and elucidates chronic pathogen colonizations (CPCs) – what they are, their presentations including as overlying biofilms,
“an organized coat of extracellular polysaccharides which effectively protects the pathogens from being disrupted, i.e. protects them as well as blocking access to all known prescription antibiotics.”
He further explains that all chronic infections involve the formation of biofilms which are often involved in the aetiology and development of numerous conditions including cancers, coronary atherosclerotic plaques, blood clots, cerebral aneurysms, affected brain tissue in Alzheimer’s patients. He states
“CPC remains little-recognized by physicians and other healthcare providers in mainstream medicine…..CPC is much more common than focal systemic infections, as everybody has unknowingly developed CPC at some point in their lives…”
Dr Levy lists the main sources of chronic infectious diseases including periodontitis, itself associated with a list stretching to 3 pages of numerous medical conditions. CPC sites with especially high concentrations of viral, bacterial and/or fungal pathogens and associated toxins include the tongue and the tonsils. The bulk of CPC in the body is located in the sinuses, nose, mouth and throat, airways and oesophagus. He recommends that
“anti-pathogen nebulization for pre-existing CPC is the most important part of any chronic disease resolution protocol” and that “Hydrogen Peroxide (HP) nebulization is the single best agent and even monotherapy for dealing with acute respiratory infections or for dealing with pre-existing CPC in the aerodigestive tract.”
An entire chapter is devoted to Redox Biology and Oxidative Stress, including Sources of Oxidative Stress with detailed explanations of terms including Oxidation, Reduction, Pro-Oxidants, Anti-Oxidants and how Antioxidants are Antitoxins.
“…Vitamin C, as an effective antitoxin for almost every intoxication/poisoning imaginable, has been extensively documented in the medical and scientific literature,
although you might never suspect it by the ways cases of clinical poisoning are treated in the emergency room of the local poison control center…” Therapeutic Agents and their Mechanisms – Extracted from orthomolecular.activehosted.com
A substantial number of agents have already been found to be highly effective in resolving COVID infections, and even more are continuing to be discovered as worldwide research efforts have so intensely focused on curing this infection (Levy, 2020). Dr Levy discusses some of the most effective agents and their mechanisms of actions, include the following:
- Hydrogen peroxide (HP) nebulization. Correctly applied, this treatment eliminates acute COVID pathogen presence and any other chronic pathogen colonizations persisting in the aero digestive tract. Also, a positive healing effect on the lower digestive tract is typically seen, as less pathogens and their associated pro-oxidant toxins are chronically swallowed. Stunning anecdotal evidence has already been seen documenting the ability of HP nebulization to cure even advanced COVID infections (20 of 20 cases) as a monotherapy. (Levy, 2021). All of the supporting research, scientific analysis, and practical suggestions on this therapy is available as a free eBook download [Rapid Virus Recovery];
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C works synergistically with HP in eradicating pathogens. It gives strong general immune support, while working to support the optimal healing of damaged cells and tissues. Clinically, it is the most potent antitoxin ever described in the literature, and no reports of it failing to neutralize any acute intoxication when administered appropriately have been published. Continuing persistent and highly-dosed vitamin C in all its forms will prove to be the most useful intervention when there is a large amount of circulating toxic spike protein present. Intravenous, regular oral forms, and liposome-encapsulated oral forms are all very useful in resolving any infection and neutralizing any toxin (Levy, 2002). There is also a polyphenol-based supplement that appears to allow some humans to synthesize their own vitamin C, which could prove to be of enormous protective and healing capacity with COVID patients and vaccine recipients; (https://formula216.com/).
- Ivermectin. This agent has powerful antiparasitic and antiviral properties. Evidence indicates that ivermectin binds the ACE2 receptor site that the spike protein needs to bind to proceed with entry into the cell and the replication of viral protein (Lehrer and Rheinstein, 2020; Eweas et al., 2021). Also, under some circumstances, the binding of the spike protein to the ACE2 receptor does not activate the enzymes needed to enter the cell. Possibly, ivermectin might also competitively displace such bound spike protein from the cell walls as well when a sufficient dose is taken. It also appears that circulating spike protein can be bound up directly by ivermectin, rendering it inactive and making it accessible for metabolic processing and excretion (Saha and Raihan, 2021). Where there has been mass administration of ivermectin for parasitic diseases in Africa there has also been noted a significantly lower incidence of COVID-19 infection (Hellwig and Maia, 2021). Ivermectin is also very safe when administered appropriately (Munoz et al., 2018);
- Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) and Chloroquine (CQ). Both HCQ and CQ have been shown to be very effective agents in resolving acute COVID-19 infections. They have also both been shown to be zinc ionophores that can increase intracellular zinc levels which can then inhibit the enzyme activity needed for viral replication;
- Quercetin. Similar to HCQ and CQ, quercetin also serves as a zinc ionophore. And like HCQ and CQ, quercetin appears to also work to block the binding of COVID virus spike proteins to the ACE2 receptors, impairing spike protein-virus entry into the cell, or impairing spike protein alone from entering the cells (Pan et al., 2020; Derosa et al., 2021).
- Other Bio-Oxidative Therapies. These include ozone, ultraviolet blood irradiation, and hyperbaric oxygen therapy (in addition to hydrogen peroxide and vitamin C). These three therapies are highly effective in patients with acute COVID infections;
- Baseline Vital Immune Support Supplementation. There are definitely hundreds, and perhaps thousands, of quality vitamin, mineral, and nutrient supplements that are all capable of making some contribution to reaching and maintaining optimal health, while minimizing the chances of contracting any kind of infectious disease. A baseline regimen of supplementation that factors in expense, overall health impact, and convenience should include vitamin C, vitamin D3, magnesium chloride (other forms good, but chloride form optimal for antiviral impact), vitamin K2, zinc, and an iodine supplement, such as Lugol's solution or iodoral.
Dr Levy spices his book with political and cultural insights which will ring true to every scientist and researcher.
“…The training of medical doctors makes them very reluctant to ever use the word cure” in referring to the effectiveness of any treatment for any conditions, no matter how effective such a treatment might actually be.
“…No matter how profoundly clear-cut the studied treatments resolve various infections or medical conditions, the authors of such studies will NEVER assert that treatment X “appears” to be of benefit for condition Y, and that more studies are needed. It’s as if there are certain unwritten commandments for all medical research scientists that require them to avoid any definitive statements – even when the results are glaringly clear. The mantra of all research, especially clinical studies: Evaluate, measure, test, analyze, but never, never, never definitely conclude…”
”Heathcare is primarily a business.
“Any commonly used agent/therapy must generate substantial and even unconscionable revenue for the pharmaceutical companies, the hospitals, and the physicians, or it will never be used or even properly investigated.
“More likely, it will be suppressed.
“There is more politics in medicine than there is in politics.”
The book contains a vast amount of clinical medical and practical health information and is written to be able to be read by everyone interested in restoring his or her health. I would also recommend it to medical and integrative practitioners and to scientists and politicians creating and carrying out health policies. It certainly will reside on my bookshelf.
Therapeutic Agents and their Mechanisms extracted from OMNS Newsletter Resolving "Long-Haul COVID" and Vaccine Toxicity: Neutralizing the Spike Protein, Commentary by Thomas E Levy MD JD orthomolecular.activehosted.com June 21 2021.
Further Information Available from MedFox Publishing Amazon.co.uk Amazon.com